A failure as a blogger

Tuesday, July 21, 2009


I wish I had more of a knack for blogging. The truth is, I suppose I just get discouraged by the fact that I have a grand total of 7 followers... I mean, what's the point, really, when your mother is about the only one reading these things. But that's no excuse for the fact that I haven't posted since April. It's like getting months behind on a journal. Do you try and recap? Or just say "You missed a lot, here's what's happening now"? I think I'll go with the latter.
Although you really haven't missed a lot.
So seeing as it is now past midnight, I am leaving for University of Idaho a month from yesterday. I'm pretty stoked about that. I can't imagine anything more exciting for me right now. I washed all my sheets I bought for my dorm today as well as the towels. And it made it seem more real. Like... this is really happening now, isn't it?
My mom and I bought school supplies today. Folders, notebooks, binders, a backpack, a trapper-keeper (I know they're not really called that anymore, I just really like to say that. Try it, it's fun.), tape, white boards, you name it. And of course all of it had to be cute stuff. No plain ol' colored notebooks for me. Each has to involve some cute, fun design. I'm pretty sure I'm incapable of buying plain school supplies. I've tried. And failed. Many a time. Oh, and also, did you know they now make erasable highlighters?? It's true. I got some. I tried them. They work.
I have been in touch with my roommate via facebook. It seems like she and I will get along great, which is a big relief for me. Not that I don't get along with people, i generally do, but some people just don't get along with anybody. And she seems easy to get along with.
Along with the excitement I'm also starting to feel a little nervous. I've never been away from home for more than 2 months. Living semi-on-my-own with definitely be something new for me. And while it's very exciting, I also realize, most likely nothing will ever be the same for me. After this, no more sitting in the comfort of the home I've lived in for 20 years while my wonderful parents pay for my every necessity. I kind of worry about when I have to start paying bills of my own and all other such adult responsibilities. But then I realize...
My brothers have done it and I'm obviously a far sight smarter than they are... so I don't feel so bad. ;)
In other news, the lovely Wishcake has sent me a lovely "Pay It Forward" package. It should be here in a few days, and I cannot wait! I'm very excited about the package, and about paying it forward to someone else. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

erasable highlighters! that is so cool!

Anonymous said...

and your note that some people get along with pretty much noone is so peaceable and profound. it may change my life. i have been noticing, lately, how much better one can get along with people when one can fully accept that they are being poojerkytards without disputing it with one's self. it just leaves so much more energy for forgiveness. i like you, Kaarin, and i don't think of you as a failure. ^_^

Aaron Kangas said...

I think it's pretty exciting.

Mom said...

It wasn't me.

Kyla Roma said...

Oh no!! And your mom commented, that's so cute! I love your blog layout, immediately, and you seem like a complete sweet heart.

Add one to that tally of followers, I'm adding you to my reader =)

figments said...

your blog is so cute!